Learning is the process of creating meaning through acquiring, applying and synthesising new skills, understandings and knowledge.
We believe that excellent learning is taking place at UNIS Hanoi when learners are:
- Extending their thinking and making thinking visible
- Modifying their thinking, behaviours and attitudes
- Developing new understandings and perspectives
- Reflecting on their learning experiences, their strengths and areas for development
- Transferring their learning to other settings and contexts
- Making connections to what they already know and can do
- Cooperating, collaborating and communicating in a variety of social contexts as well as being confident to learn independently.
- Appropriately challenged and actively engaged
- Active, have frequent opportunities to move, transition and to process information
- Aware of the significance and relevance of their learning
- Encouraged and nurtured in learning environments characterised by supportive and mutually respectful relationships.
Excellent Learning is the foundation goal for the UNIS Hanoi five year plan, Strategy 2020.
Find out more about what we are doing at UNIS Hanoi to ensure excellent learning below.